It is not easy to get an 84 on the TOEFL, but it is possible. The average TOEFL score is the 50th percentile, which is a total score of 84 on the iBT and somewhere between 550 and 589 on the PBT. The average/50th percentile score means that exactly half (50%) of all people who took the test earned less than an 84 on the iBT and half earned more than an 84.
So, if you want to get an 84 on the TOEFL, you will need to do better than half of the people who take the test. That means you will need to score higher than the average.
Here are some tips to help you get an 84 on the TOEFL:
1. Familiarize yourself with the test format. The TOEFL is a timed test, so it is important to understand the structure and timing of the test. Knowing the format of the test will help you manage your time and answer questions more quickly.
2. Practice, practice, practice. Take practice tests to get used to the types of questions and the timing of the test. The more practice tests you take, the more comfortable you will be with the format and the more confident you will be on test day.
3. Focus on your weaknesses. Take the time to identify the areas where you need to improve and focus on those areas. If you are weak in grammar, spend more time studying grammar. If you are weak in reading comprehension, spend more time reading and understanding passages.
4. Use study materials. There are many TOEFL study materials available online and in bookstores. Use these materials to supplement your studying and to help you prepare for the test.
5. Get help. If you are having trouble studying for the TOEFL, consider getting help from a tutor or an online course. A tutor or an online course can help you identify your weaknesses and focus on the areas where you need to improve.
With hard work and dedication, it is possible to get an 84 on the TOEFL. Follow these tips and you will be well on your way to achieving your goal. Good luck!