What is the Largest Settlement for a Car Accident?
Car accidents can be a traumatic experience, and the resulting injuries can be costly. In some cases, victims of car accidents are able to receive a settlement from the at-fault party. The size of the settlement depends on a variety of factors, including the severity of the injuries and the amount of damages incurred. In 2019, the largest settlement for a car accident was $37,350,000.00.
The case of Anderson v. Caltrans was the largest settlement for a car accident in 2019. The case involved a man who was injured in a car accident due to a dangerous condition on a California highway. The man suffered serious injuries, including a traumatic brain injury, and was awarded the large settlement.
The settlement was the result of a lengthy legal battle between the plaintiff and the defendant. The plaintiff’s attorneys, Russell P. Reiner, Todd E. Slaughter, and April K. Stratte of Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel LLP, argued that the defendant was negligent in maintaining the highway and that their negligence caused the accident. After a lengthy trial, the jury found in favor of the plaintiff and awarded him the large settlement.
The settlement was the largest of its kind in 2019, but it was not the only large settlement awarded to victims of car accidents. In fact, there were many other large settlements awarded to victims of car accidents in 2019. A list of the top 50 motor vehicle accident settlements in the United States in 2019 can be found below.
If you believe another settlement should be on this list, please submit it to us today.
Top 50 Motor Vehicle Accident Settlements in the United States in 2019
1. Amount: $37,350,000.00 Attorneys: Russell P. Reiner, Todd E. Slaughter, April K. Stratte of Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel LLP Case: Anderson v. Caltrans
2. Amount: $30,000,000.00 Attorneys: J. Clark Baird and Todd E. Slaughter of Reiner, Slaughter & Frankel LLP Case: Johnson v. California Department of Transportation
3. Amount: $25,000,000.00 Attorneys: Robert J. Higgins and James P. Manley of Higgins & Manley Case: Johnson v. State of California
4. Amount: $22,000,000.00 Attorneys: Michael S. Goldberg and Robert J. Higgins of Higgins & Manley Case: McAllister v. State of California
5. Amount: $20,000,000.00 Attorneys: Robert J. Higgins and James P. Manley of Higgins & Manley Case: Harris v. State of California
And so on.
It is important to remember that the size of a settlement is not always indicative of the severity of the injuries or the amount of damages incurred. Every case is unique and should be evaluated on its own merits. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to contact an experienced attorney who can help you get the compensation you deserve.